Fur Garment Cleaning, Glazing and Conditioning Services
As with proper storage, it is equally important to regularly have your fur, shearling and leather garments cleaned to remove dirt, dust, salt, harsh winter solvents and any accidental spills and stains. Our professionally trained staff perform cleaning and glazing of fur garments in house, and we have alliances with specialty cleaners for leather, fabric and unique materials. One of comments we frequently hear is, “I don’t need to clean my coat; I didn’t even wear it this winter.” We still recommend you condition every year and clean at least every other year as part of these processes replaces the essential oils lost to evaporation and keeps the skins soft and supple.
Below is a step by step description of the fur cleaning and glazing process.
- The garment is inspected for items left in pockets, repairs that might be needed and for stains or embedded substances
- The customer is notified for approval of any repairs or specialty cleaning recommended
- Fur garments are then exposed to a cleaning and glazing agent in a large specially designed slow tumbling machine
- Once cleaning and glazing is complete, garments are then placed in a vacuum tumbler to remove the majority of the cleaning agent
- The remainder of the cleaning agent is removed with compressed air
- A final inspection is made and the garment is either placed in storage or returned to the customer
Conditioning is equally important to keep the fur skins from drying out and restoring natural fluffiness.
Depending on your location, we have several options to make it easy to clean, glaze, condition and store your garments in the spring and summer and receive them back for the fall and winter seasons.
Other Day Furs' Fur Cleaning Service Areas:
Akron, OH | Chicago, IL | Cincinnati, OH | Columbus, OH | Detroit, MI | Louisville, KY | Madison, WI | Milwaukee, WI | St. Louis, MO | Toledo, OH | Dayton, OH