As with proper storage, it is equally important to regularly have your fur, shearling and leather garments cleaned to remove dirt, dust, salt, harsh winter solvents and any accidental spills and stains. Our professionally trained staff perform cleaning and glazing of fur garments in house.
We recommend you clean at least every other year as part of the process replaces the essential oils lost to evaporation.
Below is a step by step description of the fur cleaning and glazing process.
- The garment is inspected for items left in pockets, repairs that might be needed and for stains or embedded substances
- The customer is notified for approval of any repairs or specialty cleaning recommended
- Fur garments are then exposed to a cleaning and glazing agent in a large specially designed slow tumbling machine
- Once cleaning is complete, garments are then placed in a vacuum tumbler to remove the majority of the cleaning agent
- The remainder of the cleaning agent is removed with compressed air
- A final inspection is made and the garment is placed in storage.